Rough Ride to Sitka - Tuesday

Beginning in the wee hours this morning, the ship was really rocking and rolling!  I'm sure some people had trouble with seasickness.  While I never felt nauseous, I did delay taking my shower until things calmed down enough that I wouldn't have to hold on with one hand and soap up with the other! We also skipped our morning walk for fear of staggering around.

Here's our view today, on the port side of the ship (away from the town):

As you can see, it's not sunny like last week's visit to Sitka.  It was raining lightly this morning, and we saw a lot of umbrellas as people exited the ship. The weather sealed our decision not to wait in the long line for the shuttle buses. They take about 15 minutes each way, according to Nikki in the Diamond Lounge. She referred to the initial surge to the buses as "the Hunger Games"!  

Last night we enjoyed dinner in Giovanni's again. I had the chicken piccata that Charlie liked last week, and it was very good. He chose the carbonara pasta and liked it, too.  After dinner, Charlie returned to the casino.  He has done very well on this ship, amassing a lot of points (toward free cruises) playing on the ship's money.

Since I don't have a lot of new blog fodder as we repeat (mostly) last week's itinerary, here's a photo of the iconic blue cows that can only be seen from inside the elevators on deck 13 (outside the Diamond Lounge). You have to be fast to capture photos before the elevator descends! 


This one is titled "No Cow is an Island."

Google tells me that whimsical animal art is a feature of Royal Caribbean's Radiance class ships.  Some of my more dedicated readers may recall this photo from Jewel of the Seas in January:

Whoever the art curators are for Royal Caribbean, they clearly like whimsy!

Tomorrow is Glacier Day as we head back to Juneau. I hope the weather clears up, for this week's passengers. We were lucky last week. Our room attendant brought us plaid wool blankets to use on the balcony tomorrow, so we should be cozy!

Thanks for reading, even when content is minimal!

Comments

  1. Wow, y’all did get lucky on the weather the first time! Hope it’s clearer for glacier day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s so crazy how different the weather can be in just a week’s time!

    Though I shouldn’t be surprised. It was a lovely, breezy 75 this morning walking the girls to their first day of school, and it’ll be over 100 before the day is over. Send some of that rain this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - Sydney would love for the next ship to have whimsical axolotls. Where do we send that suggestion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will they give you a ribbon or some sort of sash when you finally try everything on the menu at Giovannis?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8: Kusadasi, Turkey

Ice Skating and Sushi

Sydney, Day 3