Here We Go: Packing for Two Months

Attempting to pack for two months and four cruises, plus some time in Barcelona and Amsterdam, is not for the faint of heart!  I don't want to overpack, but I want to have the RIGHT clothes for various activities.  If you like to travel, you may be familiar with the blog Travel Fashion Girl.  The author, who has traveled the world for months at a time, advises packing five tops, three pants, two dresses, and no more than three pairs of shoes. I switched that up a little, but the total amount of clothing is similar.  Here's what I'm packing in my Away carry-on (one outfit will be worn on Boarding Day):

  • 4 tops (blue, navy, white, and cream tees from Talbots & Unbound Merino)
  • 2 pairs of pants (navy and olive, both Athleta's Endless Pant)
  • 2 Rip Skirts (navy and olive prints)
  • 3 dresses -- 2 long for dinners aboard ship and 1 midi length.
  • 1 off-white twill jacket
  • 1 white linen cardigan (for the dresses)
  • workout clothes, swimsuit, and coverup
  • water-resistant windbreaker
  • PJs, undies, and socks
  • 2 hats
  • walking shoes (Mephisto Yael), sandals (SAS Pampa), and Oofas flipflops
I also decided to add three scarves and a couple of necklaces to zhush up the plain tee + pants outfits.  Here's hoping that I have appropriate attire for most/all activities AND that I'm not so sick of these few items that I want to burn them once we return home! I hear they have shopping in Europe, too. . . .

Comments

  1. Love that you’re packing light!! Bon voyage!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you posted details about your clothing items. You’ve been my idol for 67 years (yeah, your baby sister)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Skating and Sushi

Epic Lunch at Chops Grille

Embarkation Day!